As we navigate this challenging time, we long to be together again. Although we are physically distant, our community continues to share in the faith with one another through virtual connections including daily morning prayer, Sunday services, coffee hours, musical arrangements, group Zoom gatherings and more.
As we adapt to this time of temporary separation, we know this will also impact our church’s finances. Church leadership is keeping a close eye on the parish’s financial health. We share updates with you below.
Where We Are Now
- We are so grateful for the immense generosity of our parish and have seen continued pledge payments via mail and online during this time.
- Looking forward, with no public gatherings for worship until June 10, our congregation will not have the weekly opportunity to give in person that comes with the offering in church.
- We are moving forward with our current capital campaign, Build the Future. While these are challenging times, we are encouraged by early success and this very special $1 million matching opportunity to secure the future of Christ & St. Luke’s.
How You Can Help
- Practice faithful stewardship by continuing to make contributions to your annual pledge. We can receive your gift by mail, online giving, or text to give by texting “GIVECSL” to 73256.
- Consider switching to online recurring giving. It’s easier for you and our staff.
- If you tend to wait until the end of the year to pay your pledge, consider paying it in monthly or quarterly installments over the course of 2020.
- If you are in a position to make an extra gift, prayerfully consider doing so.
- If you are anticipating a reduction in your pledge to either the operating budget or the capital campaign, please let our finance office know so we can best plan for the year.
- You can reach Michelle Sturges by phone at 757-627-5665 or by email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of our Christ & St. Luke’s community. We are committed to being here for you in this time, and look forward to reuniting in our sanctuary again soon.
Sincerely and gratefully yours,
The Rev. Canon Win Lewis